Get it by email!

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Restaurant Review by Marc Charles --- Rockland Maine Rustica Cucina



I'll be nice........






In my opinion most restaurants are overpriced, over hyped, over valued and are ego driven, not customer driven.


By most I mean 80% of the restaurants I go to.


I took my wife to Rustica Cucina Italiana last Saturday night. It was ok...but a little pricey.


My wife had an appetizer, I had two glasses of wine,and  risotto.


My wife had creme brule.


The total bill with tip (20%) was $75. I think thats steep.


Granted, the setting is wonderful. The wait staff was nice. The waitress reached past me with a carafe of wine to fill my wine glass......but who cares......I'm from South Minneapolis.


Most  of the time when you order a glass of wine it comes in a new glass.....not someone reaching across you and dumping it into your glass with a carafe.


Whatever.


It's just a lot of money for a plate of rice and an appetizer.


Granted........two friends I mentioned this to disagreed.....they said its a reasonable price.


But I disagree.


Write it off as a trading loss :)


Later.................


Marc Charles


Rustica Cucina Italiana
315 Main St, Rockland, ME 04841
Hours: Open Monday - Saturday 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 5 - 9 p.m.
Closed Sunday
Phone: 207-594-0015 


No comments:

Post a Comment